Sunday, March 7, 2010

It Only Took 4 Days

I have been back in first grade for four days.. four days and I am already sick. Sick with a nasty head cold that coincidentally falls on a 4 day weekend. Same as last time I got sick.

Side note- the way my student teaching works is I spent 8 weeks starting in August in 1st grade, switched to 5th grade for 16 weeks, now I'm back in 1st grade for my last 8 week rotation.

When I started in 1st grade, I was sick in 6 days with a nasty head cold, fever, congestion and sore throat. This time around, I have all that again but fever was low grade. I really wasn't expecting to get sick at all, 1. because I had already been sick and 2. I have been taking vitamins so I thought I was immune to their little germies!

Oh well, live and learn. I have been told that next year I will use all my sub days being sick if not more. I am a very healthy person who never gets sick so I dismissed it, I'm starting to think I should take this more seriously.

On another note.. We have orders.. SOOOOO glad we didn't buy a house or even put offers in. God was telling us something! After being told we would stay put 'til 2012, now, we don't know what is going to happen. I hate having to be so patient with such big, life changing decisions. Regardless, we should know what is going to happen in the next week or so. We may be calling Georgia home in less than 6 weeks.

No comments: