Friday, February 5, 2010

Next time.. I will be more prepared.

I have returned from camp with 120 some odd 11 year olds. Oh my word am I exhausted. It rained the whole time and the temperature decided to hover in the high 30*s until right before we left. The sun (which I haven't seen in almost a week) peeked out today and gave me a small dose of vitamin C and perked up the kiddies slightly. I will say that near freezing temperatures, rain (and I do mean steady rain), 3 hour hikes, and high maintenance children do not mix well. It was hard to be perky and up beat when all I wanted to do was whine with them.


I have never seen grown adults pull pranks on each other like I did this week. I was the butt of many (or all) of them. They included, honey being poured down my face when I was napping one day, having a trash bag of ice being placed in my bed, and an alarm clock going off at 2:18 am (this was a 'group' prank so to speak). At first everyone assumed it was time to get up until someone found the hidden clock and flipped open their phone and realized it was in the middle of the night. There were some very angry people in our room. The alarm clock was done by our principal to 'get' the teachers, they retaliated by setting of the smoke alarm and duck taping his door.

I will never take my warm bed, hot shower, and warm food for granted again. The week went by so slow and all I could look forward to was hitting up the drive through and marinating in a bubble bath when I got home.

There is no place like home.

I did tell the husband that I know what it's like to be in the 'field' now. He begged to differ.

No comments: