Sunday, January 31, 2010

Roughin' It

This week, I, along with 5 other teachers, 30 parent volunteers and 1 principal are taking 122 5th graders camping. I, am not an outdoorsy (not sure if that is a word) person. I have no problem admitting that. I love soaking up the sun during the summer months and working in the garden in the spring time, but the cold and I do not mix. At all. I would rather have my legs waxed than be outside when it's cold. Anything below 73* and I have a light jacket on. Right now, it is in the 40*s and I am going to be miserable, but, I am packing accordingly and going to make sure all the little kiddies have a blast because this is the one thing these kids look forward to.

This is their 'right of passage'. They look forward to this trip for years. They will talk about this trip for years and I know I will remember it for years also. I'm sure I will come back with a ton of good stories. The 5th grade team is a hoot and I can't wait to see what happens.

So, I'm leaving behind the 'girly' items and I promised the girls in my class I would be roughing it (they aren't allowed to bring a straitener, blow dryer, etc.) and I told them I will be looking like a mountain woman too. Here's to hoping I have as much fun as they say I will, because I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty nervous.

No comments: