Saturday, February 13, 2010

DUNZO & back to the drawing board..

As I sit here in anticipation checking my email every 10 minutes, I can't help but think of where I was this time last year and all the amazing things God has given me. I feel so blessed, even though I'm stressed to the max, sometimes ya gotta just slow down and remember all that He has given to you.

Today, we are back to the drawing board, a financial advisor via the military said it would be in our best interest not to buy right now with how the housing market is in our area and the amount of time we would be living in the house (2 years). Thanks for raining on my parade, lady! Now we have to look at rentals, the thought of pouring an obscene amount of rent into a house for 2+ years makes me ill. All the decent houses here in the nice areas are well over $1000 which is in our budget but for 2 people? It just seems silly. Most are 4 bedrooms which would give Mr. G his man cave and myself an office/work out room but it just seems so silly for TWO people. Can you tell I'm very frugal with our money? Ive been scouring the Internet for rentals and we have been driving around aimlessly and nothing has caught our eye. I feel like this is hopeless. We can't live in an apartment due to the furchild and it would be selfish of us to do that to him. Ive also been asking for the last 18months for a new puppy for a graduation present and we've been going back and forth on breeds for a while now.

On a lighter note, I applied for a job, they received my application, and have already called. Could I take said job before I graduate, possibly. Would it be stressful? Most definitely.

Things on our list:
*House before April
*Job
*Graduate

I want to apply to grad school but I'm not going to add that to my list in the immediate future.

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Jen said...

If it makes you feel better, I regret buying our home here. We are going to struggle to sell next year. I don't always think it's best to buy. Good luck with the job!