Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's Over!

What a long week it has been! Yesterday I spent EIGHT hours at a job fair passing our resumes and putting myself out there. There were over 600 people looking for a job, I have never felt so defeated. I honestly thought being in a military town and finding a teaching job wouldn't be too difficult. I was so very wrong. I did get 4 pre-screening interviews and I left feeling great about 3 of them. The only reason I didn't feel good about the 4th one is because they said they didn't have any positions open and weren't sure they would. At least I put myself out there, like I said.

In good news, undergrad is over. It was bittersweet and now I wait to walk the stage in two weeks. I took a load of stuff to our new house and am ecstatic to move and get settled. Two more weeks!

Riding the Roller Coaster @ http://militaryspouserollercoasterride.blogspot.com/ is hosting a MilSpouse Blog Hop! Add you blog to the mclinky on the site and post a brief bio on your blog. She has the 'rules' on her site as to the proper etiquette to follow but there are tons of military spouse blogs already on there. I think I was 162.

So here is a little about me. :)

Mr. and I have been married 3 years, all I know is him and the army. I am about to graduate from Texas A&M-Commerce and we live deep in the heart of Texas. I am 22 years old and am looking forward to the next chapter in my life. Mr. G and I have a fur child named Hero who is spoiled rotten and I love to pieces. I am starting to craft and can scour crafting blogs for hours, so if you know of any, please share

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Taylor...thanks for stopping by my blog! I do quite a bit of crafting on my other blog (listed in my profile) but I did want to tell you about one I love called "One Pretty Thing" - - it gives daily links to all kinds of craft projects, and I've found most of my favorite ideas there. Here is the link:
http://www.oneprettything.com/
I love Texas! I've been there a couple of times to visit friends (Grand Prairie) and also when my husband was at Ft. Bliss before his last deployment.

Heather said...

Following your blog via the MilSpouse Blog Hop! I look forward to reading more!
-Heather
http://heatherashleydz.blogspot.com

Amber said...

Hello hello lovely!!!! I found you through the milspouse hippity hop! I'm also your newest follower.

Seriously...could you get any cutier!

My blog is called, Goodnight moon! Come by so we can hang out;)

Wife on the Roller Coaster said...

Thanks for linking up on the blop hop! I hope you're meeting some of the great mil spouses out there. It's so nice to meet you, and I look forward to reading more about you!

Wife on the Roller Coaster