Saturday, September 4, 2010

2 Weeks Down.. How Many 'Til Christmas Break?

I have made it 2 weeks. 2 whole weeks. I am actually proud of myself. No meltdowns (myself or the chillens), no angry parents (yet), and I haven't lost anyone (so far). I am enjoying myself and slowly getting the hang of everything. I am getting to know people and making more friends every day. I am learning to love the town I live in and that is surprising.

I have some students with horrible home dynamics and it makes me just want to take them home with me, cook for them and buy them lots of toys and clothes because they don't get a lot of attention. It breaks my heart and I think about so many of my students when i am at home and pray for them at night. I am very lucky that I have some very supportive parents, some even greet me with a hug. It makes me so happy. I have gotten the sweetest gifts, just for no reason and it makes me feel so important. I am an important person, little ole me. Now I hope I make a difference in these kids lives.

It is weird to have an adult job and adult things to do. Yes I have been an adult but now I have a real job, not a waiting tables (not that this isn't a real job because it brings in the money) in college job. I feel so validated in life. Amazing.

It's a 3 day weekend y'all followed by a 4 day week. So. Happy.

1 comment:

Abbie said...

I feel the same way! 2 whole weeks with only a mini-meltdown (on the part of one of my students). But, I couldn't stop vomiting last night, so I'm home sick today...didn't even make into week 3 before I had to get a sub. Boo.